Friday, April 4, 2014

Beef stew recipe

Yesterday I made beef stew for the first time. It's my moms recipe kinda off the top of her head. So I thought let me try and see how it goes! Ike I said it's off the top of her head so there isn't much of measurements! So I'll just put what I did!

Here's the recipe:

Beef stew

1 Onions
Garlic minced (I put a lot cause I like garlic)
Evoo
Salt
Pepper
Cayenne pepper
Garlic powder
Onion powder
Parsley
Water
White wine
Meat
Veggies

For the water and wine depending on how much meat you have. Put enough to cover the meat.

In a pot put some oil to coat the bottom, put in garlic and cut up onions. Let that sit on med. for a little but make sure to always stir.
Add in all the spices. Mix.

Add in meat and stir.  I added 1 1/2 cup each of wine and water. Enough to cover my meat. Once the liquid has boiled turn the stove down to low and cover with a lid. Keep an eye on it and make sure you don't run out of liquid. And make sure to always stir. I did this for about 2 hours and once the meat was tender I added in my veggies. I had a bag of frozen stir fry mix that I added in. I turned up the heat and let it all boil again. Make sure tour veggies aren't still frozen and then serve!

I serviced it with bread. But you can serve with rice or mash!

 There was extra left so I let it fully cool and I froze it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment