Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Chicken Adobo Filipino Recipe

Yesterday I tried a new recipe called, 

Chicken Adobo Filipino Recipe. I changed the recipe up a bit. 


So instead of chicken (which I didn't have) I used pork chops and i used regular vinegar And also added in some chopped onions. I served it over white rice. It was really good! I'll post the recipe.

I got the recipe from : 

http://www.filipinofoodsrecipes.com

Ingredients:

* 2 lb chicken pieces, cut up or whole
* 1 head of garlic, coarsely chopped
* 4 tbsp soy sauce (or more to taste)
* 1 tsp ground black pepper
* 2 cups water
* 1/2 cup vinegar (rice vinegar or white wine vinegar)
* 2 bay leaves
* 2 Tbsp cooking oil
* 1 cup chicken broth

Cooking Procedure:

1). Put vinegar, bay leaves, pepper, soy sauce, and water in a saucepan. Cover and cook slowly about 15 minutes.

2). Heat the cooking oil in a large, heavy-bottomed frying pan. Peel the garlic, break the cloves into chunks, and brown them over medium-low heat (about 5 minutes).

3). Add the chicken to the pan and brown it over medium-high heat.

4). Add the broth to the pan and simmer, partly covered, until the chicken is done (about 30 minutes). Do not let it come to a boil.

If you try this recipe let me know what you think of it!! Jason and I enjoyed it!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment